- 3 (5 ounce) skinless, boneless chicken breast halves, pounded 1/3 inch thick
- all-purpose flour for dredging
- 1 egg, beaten
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 1 cup chopped hazelnuts
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 cup dry white wine
- 6 large mushrooms, quartered
- 3 ounces prosciutto, shredded
- 15 fresh spinach leaves
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- Dredge chicken breasts in flour and shake off excess. Mix together egg and milk until thoroughly combined. Dip chicken into egg mixture, then press into chopped hazelnuts.
- Heat olive oil in a skillet over medium heat. Add chicken, and cook until golden brown on both sides, and no longer pink in the center, about 5 minutes per side. Once done, place chicken on a paper towel-lined plate, and keep warm.
- Increase heat to high, and pour in wine to deglaze. Stir in mushrooms, prosciutto, and spinach; cook until the mushrooms have softened, about 5 minutes. Pour in cream, bring to a simmer, then reduce heat to medium, and simmer for 5 minutes more. Ladle sauce over chicken to serve.
Hazelnut Chicken in Prosciutto-Cream Sauce, recipe