- 6 skinless, boneless chicken breast halves
- 3 (14.5 ounce) cans diced tomatoes
- 1 (16 ounce) jar green salsa
- 1 (15 ounce) can black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 (15 ounce) can pinto beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 (15.25 ounce) can whole kernel corn, drained
- 1 (1.25 ounce) package taco seasoning
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh cilantro
- 2 teaspoons ground red chile pepper, or to taste
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 cup cream cheese, softened
- Place the chicken breasts into the bottom of a slow cooker, and pour tomatoes, green salsa, black beans, pinto beans, and corn over the chicken. Sprinkle taco seasoning, cilantro, ground red chile, and cumin over the mixture, and stir to combine. Cover the cooker, set on Low, and cook until chicken is very tender and the mixture has thickened, 8 to 10 hours.
- For soup, leave all liquid in the cooker; for a thicker stew, remove some liquid if desired. Mix 1 or 2 tablespoons of liquid with cream cheese in a bowl, stir until smooth, and mix the cream cheese into the cooker to make a creamy sauce. Continue to cook for 15 minutes, then serve.
Latin-nspired Spicy Cream Chicken Stew, recipe