- 4 eggs
- 1/4 cup cornstarch
- 1/4 cup white sugar
- 5 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 cup sweet rice flour (mochiko)
- 4 teaspoons salt
- 4 green onions, chopped
- 1/4 cup oyster sauce
- 5 pounds boneless chicken thighs, cut in half
- 2 cups vegetable oil, for deep frying
- Combine eggs, cornstarch, sugar, garlic, rice flour, salt, green onions, and oyster sauce in a large bowl. Mix well. Stir in the chicken thighs, making sure to coat evenly. Cover and refrigerate overnight. Remove from refrigerator about 10 minutes prior to frying.
- Heat oil in a deep-fryer or large saucepan to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C).
- Cook chicken in the hot oil in batches, until golden brown and no longer pink inside.
Mochiko Asian Fried Chicken, recipe