- 5 large fresh peaches - peeled, pitted, and sliced
- 2 cups water
- 1 1/2 cups white sugar
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1 1/3 cups buttermilk baking mix
- 2 tablespoons white sugar
- 2 tablespoons margarine, melted
- 1/3 cup milk
- 2 tablespoons margarine, softened
- 1/4 cup white sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F (220 degrees C).
- In large saucepan over medium heat, combine peaches, water, 1 1/2 cups sugar and cornstarch. Cook, stirring constantly, until mixture boils. Boil for one minute, then reduce heat to low to keep warm.
- In a large bowl, stir together baking mix, 2 tablespoons sugar, melted margarine and milk to form a soft dough. Remove to floured surface and knead 8 to 10 times. Roll out into a 9 inch square.
- Spread softened margarine over dough. Combine 1/4 cup sugar with cinnamon, and sprinkle mixture over dough. Roll dough into a log shape and cut into 6 - 1 1/2 inch slices. Pour hot peach mixture into an 8x8 inch baking dish. Place roll slices, cut side up, on top of peach mixture.
- Bake in preheated oven 20 to 25 minutes, until puffed and golden. Serve warm.
peach whirligigs, recipe