- 2 (16 ounce) cans jellied cranberry sauce
- 1/2 cup white sugar
- 1/2 cup cranberry juice
- 1 teaspoon mustard powder
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
- 4 pounds pork roast
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 2 tablespoons cold water
- salt to taste
- Mash cranberry sauce with a fork or a potato masher. Stir in sugar, cranberry juice, mustard, and cloves.
- Place pork roast in a large, roasting pan. Pour cranberry sauce mixture over the roast.
- Cook at 275 degree F (135 degrees C) for 6 to 8 hours, or until meat is tender. Remove roast, and keep warm.
- With a metal spoon, skim the fat from the liquid in the roasting pan. Pour 2 cups of the remaining roasting liquid (add water to fill out the measure if necessary) into a small saucepan. Bring to a boil over medium-high heat. Blend cornstarch and cold water to make a paste; stir gradually into boiling liquid. Continue cooking, stirring constantly, until mixture thickens. Add salt to taste. Serve with the roast.
Roast Pork with Cranberry Glaze, recipe