- 1 (16 ounce) package bacon
- 2/3 cup milk
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 10 potatoes, peeled and sliced
- 2 onions, sliced
- 3 pounds cubed fully cooked ham
- 2 (16 ounce) packages shredded Cheddar cheese
- 2 tablespoons salt
- 2 tablespoons ground black pepper
- Place the bacon in a large skillet and cook over medium-high heat, turning occasionally, until slices begin to brown, about 5 minutes. Drain the bacon slices on a paper towel-lined plate.
- Transfer partially cooked bacon to the bottom of a large roasting pan.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- Whisk milk and flour together in a bowl; set aside.
- Layer about one-third of the potatoes over the bacon, followed by half the onion and half the ham.
- Scatter one-fourth of the Cheddar cheese atop the ham.
- Pour one-third of the milk mixture over the cheese and season with salt and black pepper.
- Repeat the layers of potato, onion, ham, Cheddar Cheese, milk mixture, salt, and black pepper.
- Arrange the final third of potatoes in the roasting pan; pour remaining milk mixture on top.
- Scatter the remaining Cheddar cheese over the potato mixture.
- Cover roasting pan with aluminum foil.
- Bake in the preheated oven until potatoes are tender, about 2 hours.
Scalloped Potatoes with Ham and Bacon, recipe