- 3/4 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground white pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme leaves
- 1/2 teaspoon dried sweet basil
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1 cup peeled chopped tomato
- 3/4 cup chopped onion
- 3/4 cup chopped celery
- 3/4 cup chopped green bell pepper
- 1 1/2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 1 1/4 cups chicken stock
- 1 cup canned tomato sauce
- 1 teaspoon white sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon hot pepper sauce (such as Tabasco®)
- 2 bay leaves
- 1 pound peeled and deveined rock shrimp (thawed if frozen)
- 1 pound bay scallops (thawed if frozen)
- 1 pound haddock fillets (thawed if frozen) - cut into bite-size pieces
- Mix together oregano, salt, white pepper, black pepper, cayenne pepper, thyme, and basil in a small bowl; set aside.
- Melt butter in a large Dutch oven over medium heat; stir in tomato, onion, celery, green bell pepper, and garlic. Cook and stir until the onion is translucent, about 5 minutes.
- Stir in chicken stock, tomato sauce, sugar, hot pepper sauce, and bay leaves. Reduce heat to low and bring sauce to a simmer. Stir in seasoning mix and simmer until the flavors have blended, about 20 minutes.
- Gently stir in rock shrimp, bay scallops, and haddock; bring sauce back to a simmer and cook until the shellfish and fish are opaque, about 20 more minutes. Remove bay leaves to serve.
seafood creole, recipe