- 1 pound salmon fillets
- 1/3 cup brown sugar, divided
- 2 teaspoons lemon pepper, divided
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder, divided
- 1/3 cup low sodium soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 (1 inch) piece fresh ginger root, minced
- 1/3 cup orange juice
- Rub salmon with about 1 tablespoon brown sugar. Lightly sprinkle with lemon pepper and garlic powder; rub seasoning into fish.
- Into a small saucepan set over medium heat, pour soy sauce and olive oil. Stir in ginger and remaining brown sugar, lemon pepper, and garlic powder. Bring to a gentle simmer, stirring constantly until sugar has dissolved. Remove from heat, stir in orange juice.
- Place fish and marinade into a resealable plastic bag, seal, and refrigerate overnight, or for at least 3 hours.
- Preheat broiler. Place fish in a foil-lined baking pan. Reserve marinade.
- Broil fish skin-side up, 2 minutes. Remove from oven, pull skin off with tongs. Baste with marinade, return to oven, and broil 2 minutes more. Turn fish, and broil until fish flakes easily, about 4 minutes. Remove from oven, and let sit 5 minutes before serving.
soy ginger salmon, recipe