- 1/2 cup creamy salad dressing
- 1/4 cup plain yogurt
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1/2 cup couscous
- 1 cup water
- 1 red onion, chopped
- 1 red bell pepper, chopped
- 1/3 cup chopped parsley
- 1/3 cup raisins
- 1/3 cup toasted and sliced almonds
- 1/2 cup canned chickpeas, drained
- In a medium bowl, blend creamy salad dressing, yogurt, cumin, salt and pepper. Cover, and place in the refrigerator 1 hour, or until chilled.
- Melt butter in a medium saucepan over medium heat. Stir in couscous, and coat with butter. Stir in water, reduce heat, and a simmer, covered, until all water is absorbed, about 5-10 minutes.
- Mix couscous, red onion, red bell pepper, parsley, raisins, almonds and chickpeas into the creamy salad dressing mixture. Cover, and chill in the refrigerator until serving.
Yummy Couscous Salad, recipe