- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 (16 ounce) package boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cut into pieces
- 2 cups instant rice
- 2 cups boiling water
- 4 cups chicken broth
- 1 (10 ounce) package frozen peas
- Heat oil in a skillet over medium-high heat. Cook and stir chicken in hot oil until no longer pink in the center and juices run clear, 5 to 10 minutes. Remove from heat and shred chicken.
- Combine rice and boiling water in a saucepan, cover the saucepan with a lid, and let sit until rice is tender and water is absorbed, about 5 minutes.
- Place peas in a microwave-safe dish and microwave until heated through, 2 to 5 minutes.
- Stir chicken broth, shredded chicken, rice, and peas together in a pot; bring to a boil, reduce heat to medium-low, and cook, stirring occasionally, until flavors blend, 10 to 15 minutes.
Alex's Rice Soup, recipe