- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1/2 head garlic, minced
- 5 cups fresh chanterelle mushrooms, or more to taste
- 1 cup wild rice
- 4 cups chicken broth, or more to taste
- 3 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon dried parsley
- 2 teaspoons ground black pepper
- 2 teaspoons dill
- 1 teaspoon ground paprika
- 1 teaspoon salt, or more to taste
- Heat olive oil in a large pot over medium-low heat. Add onion and garlic; cook and stir until soft but not browned, about 2 minutes. Add chanterelle mushrooms; cook and stir until excess liquid evaporates, 5 to 10 minutes. Stir in wild rice; cook and stir for 1 to 2 minutes.
- Pour broth into the pot; bring soup to a boil. Reduce heat to low and simmer until mushrooms are tender, 20 to 30 minutes. Stir in soy sauce, lemon juice, parsley, black pepper, dill, paprika, and salt. Simmer until flavors combine, about 10 minutes more.
Chanterelle Mushroom and Wild Rice Soup, recipe