- 1 bunch mustard greens
- 1 tablespoon ghee (clarified butter)
- 2 medium shallots, chopped
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh ginger root
- 1 pinch red pepper flakes
- 1 (15 ounce) can kidney beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 (15 ounce) can tomato sauce
- 2 teaspoons curry powder
- 1/2 cup half and half
- Bring a large pot of lightly salted water to a boil. Place greens in the pot, cover, and cook 7 minutes, or just until tender. Drain, and rinse under cold water.
- Heat the ghee in a skillet over medium-high heat, and cook the shallots until lightly brown. Stir in ginger, and season with red pepper. Mix in greens, kidney beans, tomato sauce, and curry powder. Stir in the half and half, and continue cooking until heated through.
curried mustard greens with kidney beans, Greens recipe