- 1/2 cup milk
- 1 1/2 teaspoons white vinegar
- 1/2 cup whole wheat flour
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup quick cooking oats
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 3/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup canned pumpkin
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/4 cup white sugar
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup coarsely chopped fresh cranberries
- 1/4 cup dried cranberries
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C). Line 12 muffin cups with paper liners.
- Stir milk and vinegar together in a small bowl.
- Mix whole wheat flour, all-purpose flour, oats, baking soda, ginger, baking powder, cinnamon, nutmeg, and salt in a large bowl.
- Whisk pumpkin, brown sugar, white sugar, vegetable oil, and egg together in a separate bowl; beat in milk mixture until smooth. Stir flour mixture into pumpkin mixture until just combined. Fold in fresh and dried cranberries. Spoon batter into the prepared muffin cups.
- Bake in the preheated oven until a toothpick inserted in the center of a muffin comes out clean, about 25 minutes. Cool muffins in the pan for 5 minutes before removing to wire rack to cool completely.
Healthy Pumpkin Cranberry Muffins, recipe