- 3 tablespoons crumbled feta cheese
- 2 tablespoons chilled basil pesto
- 1 tablespoon toasted pine nuts
- 4 bone-in pork loin chops, 1 1/4-inch thick
- 1 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1/2 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1/4 teaspoon ground thyme
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C).
- Mix feta cheese, basil pesto, and pine nuts in a bowl. Use the tip of a sharp boning or paring knife to cut a 3-inch slit in the side of each pork chop, 2 inches deep and 1/4-inch away from the bone, to make a pocket for stuffing. Stuff pork chops with pesto filling and secure with toothpicks.
- Mix black pepper, oregano, garlic, red pepper flakes, and thyme in a small bowl; rub both sides of each chop with the spice mix. Place chops into a shallow baking dish.
- Bake in the preheated oven until chops are browned and stuffing is hot, about 40 minutes. An instant-read meat thermometer inserted into the center of the stuffing should read 145 degrees F (63 degrees C). Brush chops with balsamic vinegar and bake until vinegar forms a glaze, another 5 minutes.
Pesto Stuffed Pork Chops, recipe