- 4 slices bacon, chopped
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 1 small green bell pepper, finely chopped
- 1 stalk celery, finely chopped
- kosher salt to taste
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon sweet paprika
- 1 teaspoon chopped fresh thyme
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- ground black pepper to taste
- 2 bay leaves
- 6 cups chicken broth
- 1 pound dried red beans
- 2 cups water, or as needed
- 8 ounces andouille sausage, halved lengthwise and cut into 1/4-inch half-moons
- 1 teaspoon red wine vinegar
- Turn on a multi-functional pressure cooker (such as Instant Pot(R)) and select Saute function. Add bacon; cook until the fat is fully rendered and the bits begin to crisp, 5 to 8 minutes. Add onion, green bell pepper, and celery; cook until starting to soften, 6 to 7 minutes. Stir in garlic, paprika, thyme, cayenne pepper, black pepper, and bay leaves; cook until fragrant, about 1 minute.
- Stir chicken broth and red beans into the pressure cooker. Add water, filling the pressure cooker no more than 1/2 full. Close and lock the lid. Select high pressure according to manufacturer's instructions; set timer for 30 minutes. Allow 10 to 15 minutes for pressure to build.
- Release pressure carefully using the quick-release method according to manufacturer's instructions, about 5 minutes. Unlock and remove lid. Stir in sausage, vinegar, salt, and pepper. Close and lock the lid; select high pressure and cook for 5 minutes more. Allow 10 to 15 minutes for pressure to build.
- Release pressure using the natural-release method according to manufacturer's instructions, 10 to 40 minutes.
Pressure Cooker Red Beans and Rice, recipe