- 1 pound dried red beans, rinsed
- 1 (1 pound) package smoked sausage, sliced
- 1 bay leaf
- 2 tablespoons Cajun seasoning, or to taste
- 1/2 clove garlic, chopped
- 1/2 onion, chopped
- 1 stalk celery, chopped
- 1/2 green bell pepper, chopped
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon dried parsley
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cumin
- 5 cups cold water, or as needed
- Combine red beans, sausage, bay leaf, Cajun seasoning, garlic, onion, celery, green pepper, salt parsley, and cumin in pressure cooker. Pour in water to cover, according to manufacturer's directions (do not go over line inside of pot). Stir to combine.
- Seal lid and bring pot to full pressure over high heat. Reduce heat to low, maintaining full pressure, and cook for 30 minutes. Allow pressure to drop naturally. Remove lid, stir, and serve.
Pressure Cooker Red Beans and Sausage, recipe