- 1 1/2 cups chopped fresh broccoli
- 1 (16 ounce) package uncooked rotini pasta
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 4 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1 pinch crushed red pepper flakes
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1/2 cup lemon juice
- salt and ground black pepper to taste
- 1/4 cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- Fill a large pot with lightly salted water and bring to a rolling boil over high heat. Stir in the broccoli, and cook, uncovered, for 3 minutes. Remove the broccoli with a slotted spoon; set aside. Stir the rotini into the same pot, and return to a boil. Cook uncovered, stirring occasionally, until the pasta is cooked through, but still firm to the bite, about 8 minutes. Drain.
- Heat olive oil in a skillet over medium heat; cook and stir the garlic and crushed red pepper for 1 minute. Stir in the broccoli, chicken broth, lemon juice, salt, and black pepper. Bring to a boil; reduce the heat to medium-low and simmer until the broccoli is tender, about 5 minutes. Stir in the drained pasta; cook over low heat for 1 minute. Stir in the Parmesan cheese.
Rotini with Broccoli, recipe