- 3 pounds beef stew meat, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1/3 cup Italian salad dressing
- 2 cups water
- 2 teaspoons beef bouillon granules
- 1 (14.5 ounce) can diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1 (10.5 ounce) can condensed beef broth
- 1 (8 ounce) can tomato sauce
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 6 small potatoes, quartered
- 6 carrots, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 green bell pepper, cut into 1/2-inch dice
- 1 onion, chopped
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 3 tablespoons cold water
- Heat a large skillet or Dutch oven over medium heat; cook and stir beef stew meat and Italian dressing until meat is evenly browned, about 5 minutes. Add 2 cups water, beef bouillon, diced tomatoes, beef broth, tomato sauce, garlic, bay leaf, salt, oregano, and pepper to skillet; bring to a boil. Reduce heat to medium-low, cover, and simmer until meat is tender, about 1 1/2 hours.
- Place potatoes, carrots, bell pepper, and onion in stew; cover and simmer over medium-low heat until vegetables are tender, about 45 minutes.
- Combine flour and cold water in a small bowl; mix until smooth. Stir flour mixture into stew, bring to a boil; cook and stir until stew is thickened, about 2 minutes. Discard bay leaf before serving.
Savory Vegetable Beef Stew, recipe