- 1/2 (16 ounce) package whole wheat penne
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 lime, zested and juiced
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh mint
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh chives
- 2 cloves garlic, pressed
- 1 tablespoon nutritional yeast (optional)
- salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 1 cup bean sprouts
- 1 avocado - peeled, pitted and sliced
- Bring a large pot of lightly salted water to a boil; add penne and cook, stirring occasionally, until tender yet firm to the bite, about 10 minutes. Drain and return to pot.
- Whisk olive oil, lime zest and juice, mint, chives, garlic, nutritional yeast, salt, and pepper together in a bowl. Pour over hot pasta; add bean sprouts. Toss to coat.
- Serve topped with avocado slices and more freshly ground black pepper.
Avocado Pasta, recipe