- 1 recipe pastry for a 9 inch double crust pie
- 1 (21 ounce) can apple pie filling
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1 teaspoon lemon zest
- 1 egg
- 1/3 cup white sugar
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 3 ounces cream cheese
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F (220 degrees C). Roll out pastry shell and allow to rest in refrigerator.
- Line a 9 inch pie pan with one rolled out pastry crust. In a medium mixing bowl combine pie filling, cinnamon, nutmeg, and lemon rind. Stir until fully combined and spread into pastry lined pan.
- In a small mixer bowl combine egg, sugar, lemon juice, cream cheese, and sour cream. Beat at medium speed until smooth. Spread cheese mixture over apple mixture, and place top crust over filling. Seal edges, cut some steam vents in top crust, and sprinkle top with sugar. Bake in preheated oven for 25 to 30 minutes, until golden brown. Cool completely before serving.
French Apple Cream Pie, recipe