- 1 1/2 teaspoons active dry yeast
- 2 tablespoons warm water (110 degrees F/45 degrees C)
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 tablespoon white sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3 eggs
- 2 cups buttermilk
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- In a small bowl, dissolve yeast in warm water. Let stand until creamy, about 10 minutes.
- In a large bowl, mix together flour, baking powder, baking soda, sugar and salt. Make a well in center. Add yeast mixture, eggs, buttermilk and vegetable oil; stir until smooth.
- Spray preheated waffle iron with non-stick cooking spray. Pour 1/4 cup batter onto hot waffle iron. Cook until golden brown, about 3 minutes. Serve hot.
mammaw's waffles, recipe