- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup white sugar
- 2/3 cup canola oil
- 1/4 cup unsulfured molasses
- 1 egg
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup white sugar, or as needed
- Mix flour, 1 cup sugar, canola oil, molasses, egg, baking soda, cinnamon, ginger, and salt in a bowl. Refrigerate dough for 1 hour.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Pour 1/4 cup sugar into a bowl.
- Roll dough into 1-inch balls and coat each ball in sugar. Flatten each coated ball onto a baking sheet.
- Bake in the preheated oven until edges begin to harden, 7 to 8 minutes. Cool on the pan for 10 minutes before removing to cool completely on a wire rack.
amazing ginger snaps, recipe