- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 pound skinless chicken thighs
- 1 red onion, finely diced
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 1/2 cup dry sherry
- 1 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1 (15 ounce) can borlotti (cranberry) beans, drained
- 1 (14.5 ounce) can chopped tomatoes
- 1 cube chicken bouillon
- 4 ounces chopped kale
- salt and ground black pepper to taste
- Heat olive oil in a large pot over medium heat. Add chicken thighs, onion, and garlic. Cook and stir until starting to brown, about 10 minutes. Add sherry and smoked paprika; cook and stir until mostly reduced, about 5 minutes.
- Stir borlotti beans, tomatoes, and chicken bouillon cube into the pot. Cook and stir until flavors combine, about 10 minutes. Stir in kale; simmer until thickened into a stew consistency, about 20 minutes. Season with salt and black pepper.
smoked paprika chicken, kale, and bean stew, recipe