- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1/4 cup water
- 2 tablespoons soy flour
- 1/3 cup plain bread crumbs
- 1 teaspoon herbes de Provence
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- ground black pepper to taste
- 1 dash cayenne pepper
- 2 zucchinis, quartered and cut into spears
- 1 tablespoon vegan mayonnaise (optional)
- 1 tablespoon ketchup (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Spread olive oil on a large baking sheet.
- Mix water and soy flour together in a bowl to form a thick, pancake-like batter.
- Stir bread crumbs, herbes de Provence, garlic powder, salt, pepper, and cayenne pepper together on a shallow plate.
- Dip zucchini spears into the batter. Roll in bread crumb mixture to coat. Place spears cut-side down on the prepared baking sheet, all facing the same direction.
- Bake in the preheated oven until lightly golden, about 10 minutes. Turn to other cut side and bake for 10 minutes. Turn spears so they are skin-side down; continue baking until browned, about 5 minutes more.
- Transfer zucchini spears to a platter. Serve with vegan mayonnaise and ketchup.
vegan oven-fried zucchini sticks, recipe