- 1 (12 ounce) box whole wheat rotini pasta
- 3 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 3 tablespoons white vinegar
- lemon, juiced
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 2 avocados - peeled, pitted, and chopped
- 1 green bell pepper, sliced
- 1 large carrot, cut into matchstick-size pieces
- 6 green onions, sliced
- 1 stalk celery, sliced
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 2 teaspoons chopped fresh basil
- 2 teaspoons chopped fresh parsley
- 2 teaspoons chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 teaspoon lemon zest
- salt and ground black pepper to taste
- Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil. Cook the rotini at a boil until tender yet firm to the bite, about 10 minutes; drain and run under cold water to prevent sticking.
- Whisk olive oil, vinegar, lemon juice, and honey together in a bowl until dressing is smooth.
- Mix pasta, avocados, green bell pepper, carrot, green onions, celery, garlic, basil, parsley, and cilantro together in a bowl. Drizzle dressing over pasta mixture and toss to coat. Add lemon zest, salt, and pepper to pasta salad. Serve at room temperature.
Avocado Whole Wheat Pasta Salad, recipe