- 1 pound ground beef
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 1/4 cup chopped green pepper
- 1/4 cup chopped celery
- 1 1/2 teaspoons distilled white vinegar
- 1 1/2 teaspoons prepared yellow mustard
- 1 1/2 teaspoons brown sugar
- 3/4 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- salt and ground black pepper to taste
- Heat a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add beef to the skillet and break into smaller bits with a spatula as it cooks; cook until browned on one side, 3 to 5 minutes. Turn beef and add onion, bell pepper, and celery. Put a cover on the skillet and continue to cook until beef is completely browned and crumbly, 2 to 5 minutes more.
- Stir vinegar, mustard, brown sugar, Worcestershire sauce, and garlic powder into the beef mixture; season with salt and pepper. Reduce heat to low and simmer mixture, stirring occasionally, until vegetables are completely tender, about 15 minutes.
Bachelor Sloppy Joes, recipe