- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1/3 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 cup milk, or as needed
- Preheat an oven to 400 degrees F (200 degrees C). Line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Beat eggs in a bowl and set aside. Place the Parmesan cheese into a shallow bowl.
- In a bowl, mix the flour, salt, and baking soda until well combined. Add in milk, several tablespoons at a time, until the mixture forms a soft dough. Turn the dough out onto a well-floured work surface, and knead several times until the dough comes together.
- Roll the dough out into a rectangle about 1/2 inch thick, and cut into 2x3-inch squares. Brush each square with beaten egg, and dip the top of the square into the Parmesan cheese. Place the squares onto the prepared baking sheet.
- Bake in the preheated oven until the squares are lightly browned, about 10 minutes.
basic rish soda bread with cheese, recipe