- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup white sugar
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup milk
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, melted
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 6 cups fresh blackberries
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1 teaspoon white sugar
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- In a bowl, mix together the flour, 1 cup of sugar, baking powder, salt, milk, melted butter, and cream to make a batter. Spread the blackberries out into an ungreased 9x13-inch baking dish, and top with the batter. Sprinkle the top of the batter with the nutmeg and 1 teaspoon of sugar.
- Bake cobbler in the preheated oven until the top is browned, the fruit is bubbling, and a fork inserted into the center of the batter comes out clean, about 1 hour. Allow to cool before serving.
Berry Best Blackberry Cobbler, recipe