- 6 cooked chicken breasts, shredded
- 1 (10.75 ounce) can cream of chicken soup
- 1 (10.75 ounce) can cream of mushroom soup
- 1 (10 ounce) can diced tomatoes with green chile peppers (such as RO*TEL®)
- 1/2 cup chicken broth
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1 (4 ounce) can chopped green chiles
- 6 corn tortillas, torn into strips - or more as needed
- 2 cups shredded Monterey Jack cheese, or more to taste
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- Mix chicken, cream of chicken soup, cream of mushroom soup, diced tomatoes with green chiles and juice, chicken broth, onion, and canned green chiles together in a bowl, stirring until thoroughly combined.
- Place 1/3 of the tortilla strips in a layer into the bottom of a 9x13-inch baking dish; top with 1/3 of the chicken mixture. Repeat layers twice more; sprinkle Monterey Jack cheese on top of the casserole.
- Bake in the preheated oven until cheese is golden brown and casserole is bubbling, 20 to 25 minutes. If casserole is still slightly runny, let stand 5 to 10 minutes until firm.
Best King Ranch Ever, recipe