- 1 pound dry farfalle (bow tie) pasta
- 4 cups broccoli florets
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 4 cloves garlic, sliced
- 1 cup grated Pecorino Romano cheese
- salt to taste
- ground black pepper to taste
- Bring a large pot of lightly salted water to a boil. Add farfalle pasta and cook for 8 to 10 minutes, until al dente. Drain, reserving 1/4 cup pasta water.
- Place broccoli in a pot fitted with a steamer basket over boiling water. Steam 5 minutes, or until tender.
- Heat the oil in a skillet over medium heat. Stir in garlic, and cook 1 minute, or until golden brown.
- In a bowl, toss together the pasta, reserved pasta water, broccoli, garlic, remaining oil, and cheese. Season with salt and pepper.
Bowties and Broccoli, recipe