- 1/4 cup butter
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 onion, minced
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 2 pounds Brussels sprouts, trimmed and halved
- 1/2 cup crumbled cooked bacon
- 2 tablespoons powdered chicken bouillon
- 1/2 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1/2 cup Chardonnay wine
- Melt butter with olive oil in a large pot over medium-high heat. Saute onion and garlic in butter mixture until translucent, 5 to 7 minutes; add Brussels sprouts and saute until slightly browned on edges, 5 to 10 minutes. Sprinkle bacon, chicken bouillon, red pepper flakes, and black pepper over the sprouts mixture; stir and cook until fragrant, about 2 minutes.
- Pour wine over the sprouts mixture, reduce heat to low, place a lid on the pot, and simmer until the sprouts are desired tenderness, 10 to 15 minutes.
Braised Brussels Sprouts with Bacon, recipe