- 1 (12 ounce) package extra-firm tofu, drained and frozen
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 3/4 cup panko bread crumbs
- 2 teaspoons vegetable oil
- Thaw tofu, 8 hours to overnight. Place in a colander with a weight on top to squeeze moisture out.
- Place tofu on a flat work surface and cut into approximately 16 'nuggets.'
- Mix milk, mustard, garlic salt, onion powder, and pepper together in a bowl. Pour break crumbs into a separate bowl. Dip each nugget into the milk mixture and roll into the bread crumbs, coating completely.
- Heat oil in a skillet over medium-high heat. Add nuggets; cook, flipping halfway, until golden brown, about 7 minutes.
Breaded Tofu Nuggets, recipe