- 3 pounds red potatoes, unpeeled, cut into 1/2-inch cubes
- 2 (14.5 ounce) cans chicken broth
- 1 white onion, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 (8 ounce) package crisp cooked bacon, crumbled
- 3/4 cup half-and-half
- 3/4 cup shredded Cheddar cheese, plus more for garnish
- 1/2 cup sour cream, plus more for garnish
- 3 tablespoons minced fresh chives (optional)
- Combine potatoes, chicken broth, onion, butter, salt, and pepper in a slow cooker (such as Crock Pot(R)). Cook on High until soup flavors meld and potatoes are extremely soft, 4 to 5 hours.
- Stir bacon, half-and-half, Cheddar cheese, and sour cream into the soup. Turn heat to Low setting; cook until thick and creamy, 15 to 20 minutes more.
- Mash the soup in the slow cooker using a potato masher to your desired consistency. Garnish with additional Cheddar cheese, sour cream, and chives.
Brett's Slow Cooker Loaded Baked Potato Soup, recipe