- 1 (14 ounce) can garbanzo beans, drained
- 3 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1/4 teaspoon chopped fresh garlic
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cumin
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1/4 cup butter, softened
- 12 slices ciabatta bread
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 24 slices roma (plum) tomatoes
- 1/2 cup crumbled feta cheese
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- For the hummus, place the drained garbanzos, lemon juice, garlic, cumin, and olive oil in a food processor. Process until blended, about 1 minute. Refrigerate overnight. Bring to room temperature before making the bruschetta.
- Spread a teaspoon of butter on each slice of ciabatta; sprinkle with a teaspoon of Parmesan cheese. Place under broiler until slices are golden, about 3 minutes. Remove from oven and spread with a generous tablespoon of hummus. Sprinkle with a dusting of paprika.
- To serve, top with tomato slices, feta cheese, and a sprinkle of the oregano and garlic powder.
bruschetta with hummus, recipe