- 5 pounds chicken leg quarters
- 2 gallons water
- 2 tablespoons minced garlic
- 2 tablespoons salt
- 1 tablespoon garlic powder
- 1 cube chicken bouillon
- 4 large carrots, peeled and cut into large chunks
- 4 large potatoes, peeled and cut into large chunks
- 4 zucchini, cut into large chunks
- 1 chayote, cut into large chunks
- 1 large white onion, cut into large chunks
- 1/2 bunch fresh cilantro, chopped
- Place chicken legs into a large stock pot and pour water over chicken; add garlic, salt, and garlic powder. Cover, bring to a boil, and reduce heat to low. Simmer until chicken meat falls off the bones, 1 to 2 hours. Stir in chicken bouillon cube and let dissolve.
- Mix carrots, potatoes, zucchini, chayote, and white onion in the broth, turn heat to medium-low, and cook soup at a low boil until carrots and potatoes are tender, 45 minutes to 1 hour. Stir chopped cilantro into soup, simmer for 5 minutes, and serve.
Caldo de Pollo, recipe