- 2 cups sifted all-purpose flour
- 4 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 3/4 cup white sugar
- 1/4 cup chopped candied citron
- 1/4 cup currants
- 2 tablespoons chopped candied cherries
- 2 tablespoons chopped candied lemon peel
- 1/4 cup chopped blanched almonds
- 1/4 cup chopped pecans
- 1 cup milk
- 2 eggs
- 3 tablespoons butter, melted
- Grease an 8 x 5 inch loaf tin thoroughly. Preheat oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C).
- In a small bowl, beat the eggs well. Add milk and melted butter or shortening, and mix well.
- Sift together flour, baking powder, salt, and cinnamon into a large mixing bowl. Add sugar, prepared fruits and nuts, and mix well. Add egg mixture to fruit and nut mixture, stirring just enough to blend. Turn batter into greased loaf tin. Let stand for 20 minutes.
- Place pan in center of oven on middle rack. Bake for 60 to 70 minutes. Turn out on wire rack, and allow to cool for several hours before slicing.
candied fruit bread, recipe