- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 large onions, chopped
- 5 medium carrots, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1 fresh red chile pepper, chopped
- 3 (28 ounce) cans roma tomatoes, with juice
- 1 cup vegetable stock
- 1 bunch chopped fresh cilantro
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1 tablespoon white sugar
- 1 tablespoon brown sauce
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 cup heavy cream
- Heat the olive oil in a large pot over medium heat, and cook the onions, carrots, garlic, and chile pepper until tender. Mix in tomatoes, vegetable stock, 1/2 the cilantro, balsamic vinegar, sugar, brown sauce, and Worcestershire sauce. Season with salt and pepper. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat to low, and simmer 30 minutes.
- Transfer the soup in batches to a blender or food processor, and blend until smooth. Return to the pot, and continue cooking until heated through.
- Remove soup from heat, and mix in the cream. Finely chop the remaining cilantro, and mix into the soup to serve.
Carrot and Cilantro Soup, recipe