- 1 (16 ounce) package rotini pasta
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 pounds chicken breasts, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 tablespoon onion powder
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 (16 ounce) package shredded Cheddar cheese, or as desired
- 1 (14.5 ounce) can diced tomatoes, drained
- 1/4 cup heavy whipping cream
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1 tablespoon hot sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C).
- Bring a large pot of lightly salted water to a boil; cook the rotini at a boil until tender yet firm to the bite, about 8 minutes; drain.
- Heat olive oil in a large skillet on medium-high heat. Toss in chicken, onion powder, garlic, 1 teaspoon salt, and black pepper. Cook and stir until chicken is no longer pink in the center and the juices run clear, about 7 minutes. Reduce heat to low.
- Whisk chicken broth and flour together in a bowl until well blended. Pour over the chicken in the skillet. Add half the Cheddar cheese, diced tomatoes, cream, butter, hot sauce, and Worcestershire sauce; stir to combine. Continue stirring over medium heat until sauce starts to thicken, about 10 minutes. Stir cooked pasta into skillet.
- Pour chicken-pasta mixture into a glass baking dish. Sprinkle remaining Cheddar cheese on top.
- Bake in the preheated oven until cheese is bubbly and melted, about 15 minutes.
Cheddar Cheese Chicken Pasta Bake, recipe