- 1 (16 ounce) package farfalle (bow tie) pasta
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 pound skinless, boneless chicken breast halves - cubed
- 2 1/4 cups heavy cream, divided
- 1/4 cube chicken bouillon, crumbled
- 3/4 cup grated Asiago cheese
- 1/2 tablespoon cornstarch
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1/4 cup chopped prosciutto
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh garlic
- 1/4 cup sliced mushrooms
- 1/2 tablespoon parsley flakes
- Bring a large pot of lightly salted water to a boil. Cook pasta for 8 to 10 minutes, or until al dente. Drain, and set aside.
- Heat 2 tablespoons vegetable oil in a skillet over medium-high heat. Cook and stir chicken cubes, reducing heat if necessary, until no longer pink in center and juices run clear. Set aside.
- In a medium saucepan, bring 2 cups cream to a simmer, stirring often. Whisk in bouillon and cheese until well blended and bouillon has dissolved completely. Dissolve cornstarch in 2 tablespoons water, and whisk into mixture. Cook and stir 2 minutes more, then remove from heat and set aside.
- Melt butter in a medium skillet over medium high heat. Stir in prosciutto, garlic, and mushrooms and cook until mushrooms are tender, about 3 minutes. Add chicken, reduce heat, and continue cooking until chicken is heated through. Return sauce to the stove and add remaining 1/4 cup cream and parsley flakes. Heat through.
- To serve, place pasta in a large mixing or serving bowl. Add chicken and mushroom mixture and pour in cream sauce. Toss well, and serve.
Chicken and Bowtie Pasta with Asiago Cream Sauce, recipe