- 6 skinless, boneless chicken breast halves
- 6 cups water
- 1 tablespoon butter
- salt and pepper to taste
- 2 cups all-purpose baking mix
- 2/3 cup milk
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup cold water
- In a large pot over medium heat, simmer chicken in 6 cups water until no longer pink. Remove chicken, cool and shred.
- Return shredded chicken to pot and stir in butter, salt and pepper. Cook until chicken reaches desired tenderness, 15 to 60 minutes.
- In a bowl, stir together baking mix and milk until smooth. In a separate bowl, stir together flour and 1/2 cup cold water until smooth. Stir flour mixture into soup; bring soup to a rolling boil.
- Drop baking mix mixture by tablespoonfuls into the boiling water, neatly around the chicken. Reduce heat to a simmer and cook, uncovered, 10 minutes. Then cover and cook 10 minutes more. (Sneak a spatula under the dumplings to prevent chicken from sticking to the bottom of the pot.) Serve hot.
Chicken and Dumplings V, recipe