- 1 teaspoon kosher salt, divided
- 1 (16 ounce) package rigatoni pasta
- 1 (10 ounce) can condensed cream of mushroom soup
- 3/4 cup sour cream
- 1 (10 ounce) can chunk chicken, drained
- 1 cup frozen peas, thawed
- 1 1/2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 2 1/2 teaspoons onion powder
- 1 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 2 cups freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C).
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil. Add 1/2 teaspoon salt and pasta, and cook until al dente, about 8 to 10 minutes; drain.
- Meanwhile, in a large bowl, stir together mushroom soup, sour cream, chicken, and peas. Season with garlic powder, onion powder, 1/2 teaspoon salt, and pepper.
- Stir cooked pasta into chicken mixture until well combined. Pour pasta mixture into a 9x10-inch casserole dish, and spread out evenly. Top with Parmesan cheese, and spray the top with a bit of cooking spray.
- Bake in a preheated oven until golden brown, about 20 to 25 minutes. Remove from oven, and let cool 5 minutes.
Chicken and Pea Casserole, recipe