- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 2 teaspoons cumin seeds
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon ground turmeric
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 2 tablespoons tomato puree
- 1 pound boneless, skinless chicken breast halves, cut into bite-sized pieces
- 1 cup chopped carrots
- 1 cup chopped potatoes
- 1 cup chopped fresh green beans
- salt to taste
- 1 cup water
- 1 cup unsweetened coconut cream
- Heat vegetable oil in a large skillet over medium heat; add cumin seeds. Cook until seeds begin to pop and crackle, 1 to 2 minutes. Cook and stir onion and garlic into cumin seeds until onions are slightly softened, about 5 minutes. Add turmeric and chili powder; stir to coat. Stir in tomato puree until fully incorporated, 1 to 2 minutes.
- Cook and stir chicken, carrots, potatoes, and green beans into onion mixture. Season with salt. Cover the skillet with a lid and lower heat to medium-low. Simmer, stirring occasionally, until vegetables are about half cooked, about 10 minutes.
- Whisk water and coconut cream together in a bowl; pour into chicken and vegetable mixture. Cover skillet and simmer until chicken is fully cooked and no longer pink in the center and vegetables are tender, 5 to 10 more minutes.
Chicken Navratan Curry (ndian), recipe