- 12 slices white bread, lightly toasted
- 4 cups chopped cooked chicken breast
- 1/2 cup chopped celery
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 4 eggs, beaten
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 2 cups milk
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 (10.75 ounce) can condensed cream of chicken soup
- 1 cup shredded Cheddar cheese
- Place 6 slices of the toasted bread in the bottom of a lightly greased 9x13 inch baking dish. Sprinkle the chicken, celery and onion on top of the bread, then cover with the other 6 slices of toasted bread.
- In a medium bowl mix together the beaten eggs, mayonnaise, milk and salt and pepper to taste. Pour this mixture over the sandwiches, then top with soup; cover baking dish and refrigerate overnight.
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees F (165 degrees C).
- Bake dish, covered, at 325 degrees F (165 degrees C) for 45 minutes; remove cover, sprinkle with cheese, and bake for another 30 minutes, uncovered. Remove from oven and let cool and set for 10 minutes before serving.
Chicken Sandwich Casserole, recipe