- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup white sugar
- 1 cup packed light brown sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups quick cooking oats
- 2 cups semisweet chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Combine flour, cocoa powder, baking soda, baking powder, and salt in a bowl.
- Beat butter, white sugar, and brown sugar in a bowl with an electric mixer until light and fluffy. Beat the first egg into the butter until completely blended, then beat in vanilla extract with the last egg. Mix in flour mixture until just incorporated. Fold in oats and chocolate chips, mixing just enough to evenly combine.
- Drop tablespoonfuls of the dough 2 inches apart onto ungreased baking sheets.
- Bake in preheated oven until cookies are set, 11 to 12 minutes. Cool in baking sheets for 10 minutes before removing to cool completely on a wire rack.
Chocolate Oatmeal Chip Cookies, recipe