- 1/4 cup fresh lime juice
- 3 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1/3 cup fresh grapefruit juice
- 2 tablespoons rice vinegar
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 teaspoon soy sauce
- 2 teaspoons chili garlic sauce
- 2 teaspoons honey
- 1 1/2 teaspoons minced fresh ginger root
- 1 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 pinch ground cinnamon
- 1 (1 pound) flat iron steak
- Whisk together lime juice, lemon juice, grapefruit juice, rice vinegar, olive oil, soy sauce, chili garlic sauce, and honey in a bowl until the honey has dissolved. Season with ginger, garlic salt, pepper, and cinnamon; whisk until blended. Place the flat iron steak into a resealable plastic bag, and pour the marinade overtop. Squeeze out the excess air, seal, and marinate in the refrigerator 1 1/2 hours. Do not marinate much longer than this, as the citrus juice will "cook" the beef.
- Preheat an outdoor grill for medium-high heat.
- Remove flat iron from the marinade, and discard the remaining marinade. Cook on preheated grill until the steak has attained your desired degree of doneness, about 2 minutes per side for medium-rare. Place steak onto a plate, set aside, and allow to rest for 3 to 4 minutes before slicing.
Citrus-Ginger Flat ron Steak, recipe