- 1 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 1/3 cup vegetable oil
- 1 eggs, beaten
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup white sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup fresh or frozen cranberries, chopped
- 1/2 cup pecans, chopped
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Grease and flour a muffin pan, or use paper liners.
- In a small bowl, mix together applesauce, oil and egg. In a large bowl, combine flour, sugar, baking soda, cinnamon and salt. Make a well in the center, and pour in egg mixture. Stir until just moistened. Fold in cranberries and pecans. Spoon into muffin cups, 2/3 full.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 25 to 30 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean. Cool in pan for 2 minutes before removing.
cranberry applesauce muffins, recipe