- 2 pounds boneless picnic ham, or more to taste
- sea salt to taste
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1/4 cup sorghum syrup
- 2 tablespoons brown mustard
- 1 tablespoon brandy
- 1 tablespoon dry mustard
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 24 whole cloves
- 2 cups brewed coffee, or as needed
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- Place ham fat side-up on a rack in a roasting pan. Score ham fat in a crisscross design; season with sea salt.
- Mix brown sugar, sorghum syrup, brown mustard, brandy, dry mustard, cinnamon, nutmeg, and ginger together in a bowl for the basting mixture. Brush 1/3 basting mixture on top of ham and stick cloves into fat. Pour coffee into bottom of roasting pan.
- Cook ham in the preheated oven, brushing with remaining basting mixture every 30 minutes, until an instant-read thermometer inserted in the center reads 165 degrees F (74 degrees C), about 2 hours total.
crazy good southern baked ham, recipe