- 1 (16 ounce) package trotolle dry pasta
- 4 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil, divided
- 4 cloves garlic, thinly sliced
- 1 tablespoon dried basil
- 1/2 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 2 pounds chicken breast, cut into strips
- 1 stick butter
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese, cut into small pieces
- 2 cups milk, or more as needed
- 2 cups heavy cream
- 3 cups shaved Parmigiano-Reggiano cheese
- 3 tablespoons pesto
- 3 tablespoons sun-dried tomatoes packed in oil, drained and chopped
- 1/2 pound uncooked medium shrimp, peeled and deveined
- Bring a large pot of lightly salted water to a boil; add 2 tablespoons olive oil. Add trottole and cook at a boil until tender yet firm to the bite, about 8 minutes; drain.
- Heat remaining olive oil in a large skillet and add garlic, basil, red pepper flakes, and black pepper. Add chicken; cook and stir until browned, about 10 minutes.
- Melt butter over medium heat in the large pot used to make the pasta. Add cream cheese and stir until creamy, about 1 minute. Add 2 cups milk and heavy cream, stirring until warm, about 5 minutes. Add Parmigiano-Reggiano cheese and continue stirring. Add more milk to thin sauce, if needed. Add pesto and sun-dried tomatoes.
- Stir cooked chicken and pasta into the sauce. Add shrimp; cook and stir until shrimp turns orange, 6 to 8 minutes more.
creamy chicken and shrimp alfredo, recipe