- 6 tablespoons butter
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 3 white onions, halved and thinly sliced
- 8 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon white sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 (12 ounce) package spaghetti
- 1/2 cup dry Chardonnay
- 3/4 cup heavy whipping cream
- 2 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
- cracked black pepper to taste
- Melt butter with olive oil in a saucepan over low heat. Stir onions, garlic, sugar, and salt into the hot butter and oil. Cover pan and cook until onions are soft and translucent, stirring occasionally, about 20 minutes.
- Meanwhile, bring a large pot of lightly salted water to a boil. Cook spaghetti in the boiling water, stirring occasionally until cooked through but firm to the bite, about 7 minutes. Drain and keep warm.
- Pour Chardonnay into onion mixture and bring to a boil; reduce heat to low and simmer until evaporated, 2 to 3 minutes. Stir heavy cream into mixture and simmer until slightly thickened, about 2 minutes.
- Transfer spaghetti to a serving bowl and pour onion sauce over pasta; sprinkle with Parmesan cheese and black pepper. Toss to coat.
Creamy Garlic and Onion Spaghetti, recipe