- 1 cup stone-ground white corn grits
- 3 cups vegetarian chicken-flavored broth
- 4 dried morel mushrooms, or more to taste
- 3 cups whole milk
- 1/2 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- Place grits in a bowl with water to cover. Set aside to soak, 8 hours to overnight. Skim any debris that floats to top, rinse well, and drain.
- Bring broth to a boil in a saucepan; remove from heat. Add mushrooms and soak until soft, about 30 minutes. Strain mushrooms, reserving broth. Chop mushrooms.
- Bring reserved broth and milk to a boil in saucepan over high heat. Stir grits in gradually, add mushrooms, and decrease heat to low. Cover and cook, stirring occasionally, until grits are soft and creamy, 40 to 50 minutes. Stir in Parmesan cheese until melted.
Creamy Morel Mushroom Grits, recipe